Who can import?
Anyone can import; but only admins can edit account settings Preparing Your Spreadsheet:
End Goal: Import Company data, People data and Deal data into PipelineDeals. Rules of Importing:
- Tip: Only import what you need! (Think: moving from house to house).
- What do I need to capture?
- Use CSV, XLS, or XLSX - Note: only the first sheet can be imported. So if you have an excel file with multiple sheets, export to a csv and you can import them each separately.
- You can either upload one file 3 times or save in 3 CSV files: companies, people, deals.
- Headers must be in the first row.
- One record per row, one row per record.
- Match your data to Admin Settings
- Download the template (it will have all your default fields so any others you need will be custom)
- All non-default fields: these are custom fields
- Add all custom fields in Admin Settings
- For picklists separate each item with a comma (space/no space is okay) OR use separate columns for each picklist value.
- Entries must match exactly the values in Admin settings (but it's not case sensitive)
- We recommend you use dropdowns or picklists instead of text if there's a known set of values.
- We also recommend you use numeric fields instead of text for numeric values so you can filter by a specific range in list views.
- Import in this exact order: Companies, People, then Deals.
FOR ADMINS ONLY: These can create values during an import if added by an admin:
- Source (only by admins)
- Tags (only by admins)
- Status' (only by admins)
- Deleting the import
- Will not delete newly created values
- Example 1 If you imported a people sheet and then mapped a column to status, it will delete all the imported people but not the status' created by your import.
- Example 2 If you delete a people import- it will NOT delete the companies created.
For more information on importing, please visit our knowledge base: https://help.pipelinedeals.com/hc/en-us/articles/203950268-Importing-Overview-Best-Practices-FAQs