This class provides an overview of all of the types of reports available within PipelineDeals as well as provides some guidance on how to leverage the powerful integrations with Excel and Google Sheets to create even more robust visually appealing charts and graphs analyzing your data. While our goal is to inspire you and show you some creative report possibilities of what you can accomplish with the data powered by PipelineDeals, our support team is not able to provide in-depth training on products outside of our system (like Excel and Google Sheets). Luckily, there's a lot of helpful tutorials on the internet and hopefully the resources we've generated below will help to point you in the right direction.
Reports in PipelineDeals.
- Activity Scoreboard
- Activity Report
- ROI Report
- Filter Views
Using the Integration:
- Available for Mac and PC
- Must have export rights
- Simpler to use for basic reports
- Manual click to refresh data
- Available for PC only
- Must have export rights
- More options for the advanced user
- Automatic data refresh
Live Demo Step-by-Step:
- Steps to creating a simple pivot table and chart.
- Google Sheets PivotTable Guides
- Microsoft Excel Pivot Table Guides
- Integrating with Google Sheets and Excel
- You must have exporting rights from your admin in order to use either integration.
- Anyone can see your worksheet if you share it. They just won't see the updated data if they don't have the integration.
- The integration for Excel only works for PC 2010 and 2013 versions of Excel.
- Organize your sheets
- Put all your raw data from your filtered view in one sheet. (Don't touch this sheet-- it will auto-update).
- Do your pivot tables and graphs in another sheet
- Create a list view that captures all of your essential data in PipelineDeals. There are limits so eliminate fields you don't think you will need to report on (like contact info or people data)
- Great reports = Great data
- Use field ordering to streamline your data entry.
- Make everything required you want to report on
- Remove unnecessary fields.
- Think thru your data points you need for your essential reports
- If you want to share a report others can't manipulate
- In GS—share a view only doc. If you refresh the data, all with access with see refreshed data.
- If you want others to manipulate/refresh data on their own, they need to have 4 things in place.
- The master filter view shared with them in PipelineDeals.
- Exporting rights.
- The integration set-up.
- Access to edit the document.
- In Excel—don't share. Email a copy of the spreadsheet.