Location: Seattle, WA (downtown)
PipelineDeals is a fast-growing CRM technology company “built by salespeople for salespeople.” Founded in 2006, we have grown to 3,000+ global customers across 100+ countries. Our SaaS platform is optimized for small-to-medium businesses (SMB) frustrated with overpriced/over-engineered CRM solutions like Salesforce. We give SMBs a competitive advantage when they go up against more established competitors or enter a market for the first time.
PipelineDeals’ users win because our services delivers easy-to-use sales automation tools, intuitive workflows and great customer service. When users find us, they like us — 98% of our accounts renew every year. Our future roadmap includes exciting innovations in AI/machine learning, predictive analytics and voice/mobile to build on this platform. We also plan to optimize the PipelineDeals user experience to ease the burden of entering and maintaining CRM data. Most importantly, in order to stay true to our simplicity roots and meet the needs of our customers, UX and Product Design will have an increasingly-central role in our future product strategy.
This unique vision and market opportunity attracted top angel investors in 2014, including Mike Galgon and Geoff Entress . PipelineDeals is profitable and has had 30+% YOY growth the last few years — the timing is great for you to join our growth story!
Our culture/core values (“YEOMANS”): You matter, customers matter; Everyone is responsible; Operational awesomeness; Must. Always. Stay. Hungry.; Anticipate customer needs; Never stop learning; Seek solutions.
Product Marketing Manager
The role of Product Marketing Manager is one of the most important and impactful hires for PipelineDeals this year. In this role you will develop and execute product marketing initiatives and will be responsible for driving product revenue growth. This will be achieved by having a deep understanding of the CRM industry, market opportunities and challenges, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, developing go to market strategies, driving appropriate marketing and sales activities, and developing marketing collateral necessary to support new feature and product launches. In this role you will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
The successful candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical and an organized self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities — What you'll do:
- Lead go-to-market frameworks for new products and SKU's, including feature sets and pricing variables, and ensure timely and successful launches.
- Market intelligence - be the expert of our customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; analyze the market and competitive situation using existing client, competitive and market data to create product marketing strategies that differentiate our product and service offerings.
- Interact with our customer base and prospective customers, discover what will best help them grow their customer relationships and enable us to deliver it to them. This includes a thorough understanding of customer product awareness, adoption and engagement.
- Execute customer and prospect research utilizing surveying practices and tools based on your hands-on experience.
- Optimize the positioning, messaging and marketing strategies for specific segments, verticals and target personas.
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for our product and provide subject matter expertise when working with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Customer Care teams, key clients, partners and prospects.
- Enable the Sales and Customer Success teams with solution-based training content, assets and client testimonials to support the buyer and sales lifecycle.
- Develop pricing plans that optimize features sets and best deliver value to our customers.
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering team to provide input on feature and product development.
- Assess and communicate how product options impact acquisition and retention.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience; MBA a plus
- Exceptional data-driven business skills and the ability to use data to act strategically
- Past experience building SaaS audiences either online or offline
- SaaS marketing and product skills. You should be well-versed in topics that don't necessarily fit neatly in a single discipline, including: ideation, development, launching releases, go-to-market strategy, and demand generation.
- Skilled in defining, managing and evolving a differentiated positioning and messaging for SaaS products. Will oversee development of materials and assist with marketing programs.
- Ability to work with customers to understand current and emerging needs and translate into product requirements.
- Experience with market sizing, segmentation and competitive intelligence.
- Expertise in launching new products and releases working with executive management, Sales, Customer Care and Customer Success teams, providing training and support functions.
- Be passionate about both marketing and product disciplines, and preferably have experience in both.
- Ability to effectively represent products, markets and strategies to customers, partners, analysts and media through public speaking, social media, written and other communications.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills
- Willingness and flexibility to jump in and assist others in in the company as needed.
- Experience in cross-functional initiatives involving sales, product management, and customer success.
- Experience working directly with customers to validate features and understand needs.
- Comfort and motivation in environments with a high degree of ambiguity.
How to Apply
If you think you are a good match, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how you exemplify one of our core values in your daily life by using the link below: Apply now
Statement of Diversity
PipelineDeals is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every Pipeliner has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. The Company will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state or federal law. Specifically, no Pipeliner will be treated differently or less favorably on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.