Location: Seattle, WA (downtown)
PipelineDeals is a fast-growing CRM technology company “built by salespeople for salespeople.” Founded in 2006, we have grown to 3,000+ global customers across 100+ countries. Our SaaS platform is optimized for small-to-medium businesses (SMB) frustrated with overpriced/over-engineered CRM solutions like Salesforce. We give SMBs a competitive advantage when they go up against more established competitors or enter a market for the first time.
PipelineDeals’ users win because our services delivers easy-to-use sales automation tools, intuitive workflows and great customer service. When users find us, they like us — 98% of our accounts renew every year. Our future roadmap includes exciting innovations in AI/machine learning, predictive analytics and voice/mobile to build on this platform. We also plan to optimize the PipelineDeals user experience to ease the burden of entering and maintaining CRM data. Most importantly, in order to stay true to our simplicity roots and meet the needs of our customers, UX and Product Design will have an increasingly-central role in our future product strategy.
This unique vision and market opportunity attracted top angel investors in 2014, including Mike Galgon and Geoff Entress . PipelineDeals is profitable and has had 30+% YOY growth the last few years — the timing is great for you to join our growth story!
Our culture/core values (“YEOMANS”): You matter, customers matter; Everyone is responsible; Operational awesomeness; Must. Always. Stay. Hungry.; Anticipate customer needs; Never stop learning; Seek solutions.
Product Manager Associate
Come be a market expert on a team bent on helping small sales teams exceed their potential. We’re looking for someone who can identify the root problem(s) of our target market, articulate broader trends and translate their findings into clear product requirements. You should be skilled at pursuing quantitative and qualitative analysis, and succinctly communicating your ideas to cross-functional stakeholders. We need someone who is organized and can stay disciplined in his/her decision-making when evaluating tough trade-offs. You are strategic, technical and creative. At PipelineDeals, you will become a stronger leader, more experienced business strategist and core influencer of the growth of thousands of businesses. You can expect to become more knowledgeable in the mechanics of small business and what it means to scale. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, then read on - we need someone like you.
What you can expect to be doing
25% - Product Definition
- Engaging in market research and becoming an expert in the three slices of our target market segment: customers, evaluators and potentials
- Specifically, this may include any of the following: designing and deploying surveys, analyzing market trend data, attending industry conferences, learning from other customer-facing Pipeliners, and visiting customers/evaluators
- Summarizing your findings into problems-to-be solved as part of an overall business case
- Prioritizing problems to be solved by evaluating strategic alignment, technical necessity, cost, estimated ROI, and other variables
- Presenting and defending your findings and proposals
- Translating your proposals into product requirements
- Working with product designers, engineers and other customer stakeholders to validate and refine product requirements
40% - Project Management
- Creating project plans outlining multiple project stages: feature design, grooming, development, UAT, alpha/beta testing, product marketing prep and deploy
- Setting milestones for product designers and developers, then holding them accountable to the plan
- Guiding development by answering questions and communicating end-user expectations of the final product
- Setting realistic expectations and communicating project status to the rest of PipelineDeals
- Making disciplined decisions when presented with tough trade-offs, by keeping in mind project scope, feature requirements, and underlying problems being solved by the project feature(s)
- Working with product marketing to manage a feature deploy, both internally and externally
15% - Product Engagement Analytics
- Defining set of success criteria/metrics for new product features
- Evaluating performance of feature updates against projections and original hypotheses
- Implementing dashboards and reports to support product engagement metrics
- Using data analytics to reinforce new feature proposals and iteration ideas
- Aligning with Customer Care around product issues and ensure strong communication in both directions.
- Aligning with the Customer Success/Sales teams to ensure we have a rich two way communication process for obtaining and managing new product feature requests.
20% - QA/User Acceptance Testing
- Putting together robust testing checklists for new feature launches that you lead
- Actively test the new features identifying, documenting and communicating bugs to the engineering teams.
- Acting as a tough checkpoint before deploy - you do not let small errors into production, let alone big issues.
- Leading beta programs with customers, supporting new features and obtaining valuable feedback.
- 1-3+ years of experience in software product management, preferably SaaS
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, economics, marketing or another business-related subject
- Familiarity with cloud-computing concepts and techniques, preferably in an engineering capacity
- Familiarity with sales processes and philosophies. You should be able to explain why a business should purchase a CRM
- Excellent project management skills with extreme attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and familiarity with APIs, cloud software integrations and mobile app development
- A track record of setting and maintaining high expectations
- Communication and relationship-building skills
- The desire to be both creative and technically-minded (interest in design, technology and analysis/metrics)
- Passionate about top notch product experiences and Lean/Agile product development methods.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with CRM solutions
- Experience with tools such as: Mixpanel, Intercom, Surveymonkey, Asana, Github and Kanban project management solutions
- Knowledge of sales and marketing business functions.
- Obsessed with knowing and understanding the problems of PipelineDeals’ target market
- A user-experience perfectionist
- A diplomatic communicator
- An analytical problem-solver
- A motivated team-player
- Someone who stands up for their opinions
- Able to switch between strategic thinking and tactical project management
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Work Hard Play Hard: Health & Fitness Monthly Stipend
- Free Public Transportation Passes
- 401(k) Retirement Account
- Snacks, coffee / tea, and exotic La Croix flavors
How to Apply
If you think you are a good match, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how you exemplify one of our core values in your daily life by using the link below: Apply now
Statement of Diversity
PipelineDeals is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every Pipeliner has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. The Company will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state or federal law. Specifically, no Pipeliner will be treated differently or less favorably on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.