Location: Seattle, WA (downtown)
PipelineDeals is a fast-growing CRM technology company “built by salespeople for salespeople.” Founded in 2006, we have grown to 3,000+ global customers across 100+ countries. Our SaaS platform is optimized for small-to-medium businesses (SMB) frustrated with overpriced/over-engineered CRM solutions like Salesforce. We give SMBs a competitive advantage when they go up against more established competitors or enter a market for the first time.
PipelineDeals’ users win because our services delivers easy-to-use sales automation tools, intuitive workflows and great customer service. When users find us, they like us — 98% of our accounts renew every year. Our future roadmap includes exciting innovations in AI/machine learning, predictive analytics and voice/mobile to build on this platform. We also plan to optimize the PipelineDeals user experience to ease the burden of entering and maintaining CRM data. Most importantly, in order to stay true to our simplicity roots and meet the needs of our customers, UX and Product Design will have an increasingly-central role in our future product strategy.
This unique vision and market opportunity attracted top angel investors in 2014, including Mike Galgon and Geoff Entress . PipelineDeals is profitable and has had 30+% YOY growth the last few years — the timing is great for you to join our growth story!
Our culture/core values (“YEOMANS”): You matter, customers matter; Everyone is responsible; Operational awesomeness; Must. Always. Stay. Hungry.; Anticipate customer needs; Never stop learning; Seek solutions.
The product designer will be a core part of the product development team. Principally, you will solve user problems creatively and will drive the conversation around how we bring the solutions to life. You will be responsible for working with our engineering team and product managers to deliver world class and innovative product features, improved work flows, and a best-in-class user experience.
This position will report directly to our Product Manager Jake Werlin and work closely with our Lead Product Designer Jackie Dasso . This position is located in our Seattle HQ office , right in the heart of downtown.
In this generalist role, you will be actively involved with projects from conception all the way to final launch — working closely with the rest of the product team to:
- Research problems to be solved (via metrics, customer feedback, etc.)
- Develop personas and user stories for potential solutions
- Create wireframes and validate designs with clickable prototypes with stakeholders
- Create high fidelity mockups with documentation for engineers
- Spend time with the code and layer in any needed styling after engineers complete the initial build
- Help facilitate beta testing and generally ensure a successful launch
What will we expect from you during your first year?
- Delight – Design features that surprise, delight, and wow our customers. We will measure delight with our Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Reduce Data Entry – Design innovative features and solutions to reduce data entry and maintenance for our customers.
- Usability – Ensure that all new and specific existing features are optimized to the best possible user experience (UX).
- Engagement – Review product engagement metrics for features designed and suggest and design solution improvements to drive feature engagement.
- Take ownership of one or more parts of the product user experience, designing the interactions, interfaces and overall information architecture.
- Create documentation and design deliverables (including wireframes, animations, high fidelity prototypes) that enable engineers to build software that fosters a simple and delightful user experience. And that allow for stakeholder design validation.
- Participate and lead user experience research, usability studies and validation of user experience designs.
- Participate in and lead regular design reviews.
- Work closely with a smart, high-functioning, remote team of engineers who care greatly about the code they are shipping.
- Dive into the code and fine tune styling for new features.
- Help maintain and further develop our in-app visual identity and UI components.
- Willingness to learn every day and to share what you learn with the team. Learning is a core value of our Product team.
- 5+ years experience designing SaaS products is mandatory.
- Experience solving complex design problems with business applications and software.
- Motivated to excel in a team environment with mutual accountability and respect.
- Responsible, ethical, friendly and hard-working.
- Adobe Illustrator and / or Sketch experience.
- Familiarity with Agile product development processes is a plus.
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated; passionate overachiever
- Committed to the finest details of delivering quality work
- Superior ability to communicate at all levels, in all disciplines
- Highest level of integrity
- Role model and natural leader
- Metric-driven with excellent analytical skills and an ability to identify trends and
- Flexible and eager to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever help is needed
- Ability to think strategically while maintaining focus on results and execution
- A good sense of humor
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Equity Ownership
- Unlimited PTO
- Work Hard Play Hard: Health & Fitness Monthly Stipend
- Free Public Transportation Passes
- 401(k) Retirement Account
- Snacks, coffee / tea, and a convection oven that has yet to be used to its full potential
Email a link to your portfolio and/or resume/cover letter to [email protected]
. We look forward to hearing from you!
Statement of Diversity
PipelineDeals is an equal employment opportunity employer. Every Pipeliner has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. The Company will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state or federal law. Specifically, no Pipeliner will be treated differently or less favorably on the basis of their race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics/genetic markers, military or Veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.